Future Day is March 1st every year.
No. We don’t charge people to organize Future Day events.
We encourage donations though.
What is required to “join the club” is simply a commitment to promote Future Day to those in your social circle (customers, employees, friends) and organize or participate in Future Day events as appropriate.
We all have a stake in the future.
While Future Day is intended as a general holiday not tied to any specific organization, the initial effort to get the holiday off the ground is being coordinated by Humanity+, a nonprofit organization whose contact information is here.
There are several institutions that endorse Future Day like FERN (Foresight Education and Research Network), Second Tree, Kororoit Institute, Open Cog, Amplify etc.
We want your feedback on the new Future Day holiday — and also on the future itself! What do you think will be different in 2050 than it is now? What will stay the same? What would you like to be different? What would you like to stay the same? What would you like to see Future Day become? Any brainstorms about how best to celebrate such a holiday?
Please contact us with your feedback!
Future Day represents a opportunity to leverage the present to make a better tomorrow. Some projects likely to improve the future may be long term projects. We want to inspire talented people with their aim in the right problem spaces.
How can one optimize the amount of leverage you efforts have? Where can a small amount make a big difference?
Part of the answer is clearly to act earlier rather than later.
- Strategic Forecasting meeting in business hours at your workplace
- Casual meeting with friends at the pub to discuss what the future means for them
- A future themed dress-up party
- A day of lobbying for clear thinking about the future in politics
- A Future Day event with speakers, lightning talks and panels – even a conference
- A themed session on the future during an existing event
- A networking event where people share their ideas on how to design the future
- A gathering where people test each others rationality skills in thinking long term
- Games night playing future themed games. Board games, network games etc etc
- A combination of any of the above!
Everywhere. It is global.
Previous Future Day events have been held in Australia (Melbourne, Sydney), Asia (Hong Kong), USA (Edmonton, Berkele, Hawaii & Houston, Utah, LA, Palo Alto, Washington), Brazil, Belgium (Brussels), France (Paris), Poland (Wroclaw), Virtual Reality (Second Life), and many more places all over the globe!
Let us know where you are holding your Future Day event!